This is a nutty, almost caramelly, chocolate delight that wins at every occasion. No refined sugar and gluten free goodness. It’s also a whole foods treat that doesn’t taste like just coconut and dates!
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 large medjool dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Grease a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 155 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender/ Thermie or Bellini.
- Blend on high until the mixture holds together when pressed between fingers.
- Press into tin evenly and use the back of a spoon to smooth and compact the mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the bench.
A special shout out to my girl Nyssa @nyssatati at Boddy Freedom Fitness for this incredible base recipe.
- About 400g (ish) Tahini
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (then a splash more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of Maca powder
Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until combined. I do this to taste so don’t be shy to taste and add as you need! It should have a nice nutty flavour.
Once mixed well spread over the cooled base!
- Absolute Organic Dark Choc chips 3/4 of the bag
- 2cm of butter (about 2cm piece cut off 250g block)
- Melt in a double boiler (aka a bowl over boiling water) then spread over the nutty center.
- Sprinkle with celtic salt! This is the flavour kicker. The salty with the sweet!
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set. Once set cut into small squares and enjoy!